Sign up to get e-Literate posts delivered by email
Sign up for more information on LMS Subscription Service
- Six Ways the edX Announcement Gets Automated Essay Grading Wrong
- How Much Do College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks?
- SmartSite Goes Dumb: A student's view of the UC Davis LMS outage
- We're Giving a Course on Personalized Learning Next Month
- Online Program Management: A view of the market landscape
Top Rated Posts
Most Shared Posts405 Shares
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.
Author Archives: Elijah Mayfield
By Elijah MayfieldMore Posts (2) Last month, I wrote this narrow defense of automated essay grading, hoping to clear the air on a new and controversial technology. In that post’s prolific comments section, Laura Gibbs made a comment echoing what I’ve heard from … Continue reading
By Elijah MayfieldMore Posts (2) Last week, edX made a splashy spectacle of an announcement about automated essay grading, leaving educators fuming. Let’s rethink their claims. “Give Professors a break,” the New York Times suggested in this joint press release … Continue reading