Dr. Beth Harris is dean of Art and History at the Khan Academy. She is a specialist in Victorian art, and co-founder of Smarthistory.org, which has received numerous awards including a Webby (2009) and the 2012 Award for Open Courseware Excellence given by the Open Courseware Consortium. Smarthistory was also listed by Time Magazine as one of the 50 best websites of 2011. While at the Khan Academy, Beth co-produced 90 videos with Dr. Steven Zucker for the Google Art Project. Before joining the Khan Academy, she was the first person to hold the position of Director of Digital Learning at The Museum of Modern Art, where she started the successful program, MoMA Courses Online. She also co-produced educational videos, websites and apps. Before joining MoMA, Beth was Director of Distance Learning at the Fashion Institute of Technology, where she started as an Assistant Professor, teaching both online and in the classroom. Her scholarly work includes editing and contributing to Famine and Fashion: Needlewomen in the Nineteenth Century (Ashgate, 2005), many book reviews, and “The Slide Library: A Posthumous Assessment in the Service of Our Digital Future,” in Teaching Art History with Technology: Case Studies (2008). She has presented papers on technology and education at conferences across the country (including the College Art Association, Sloan, New Media Consortium, Educause, Merlot, etc.). She received her Master’s degree from the Courtauld Institute of Art in London, and her Doctorate in Art History from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Follow Beth on Twitter.
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.
Subscribe via Email
Top Rated Posts
- About those U Penn MOOC results reported at MRI13 |e-Literate on Combining MOOC Student Patterns Graphic with Stanford Analysis
- 3M Double-Sided Tape with Dispenser, Permanent, 1/2 X 250 Inches, Clear (MMM136) Review | Cheaps & Discount Early Childhood Education Materials Best Price Onsale & Reviews ! on Competency-Based Education: An (Updated) Primer for Today’s Online Market
- Overview Article on Compentency-based Ed | Teaching @ NMC on Competency-Based Education: An (Updated) Primer for Today’s Online Market
- Phil Hill on Competency-Based Education: An (Updated) Primer for Today’s Online Market
- Notes from Paul LeBlanc keynote address at WCET13 |e-Literate on Competency-Based Education: An (Updated) Primer for Today’s Online Market