This is just a quick post to note the fact of two pretty big announcements coming out of Blackboard. First, the acquisition of the company by Providence Equity has been completed. Second, Providence immediately turned around and executed a merger between Blackboard and Edline, makers of an LMS-like product aimed at the K12 market. I haven’t had time to look into the details of this latest move, but it may suggest that Providence believes the K12 market is ready to experience a growth spurt.
Sign up to get e-Literate posts delivered by email
Sign up for more information on LMS Subscription Service
- Blackboard Mergers and Acquisitions
- Purdue University Deal To Acquire Kaplan University: Interview with Trace Urdan
- How Much Do College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks?
- University of California’s Payroll Project Reboot Now At $504 Million
- Webinar Tomorrow: Shifts in Video and LMS Adoption: Impact on Student Outcomes
Top Rated Posts
- Purdue University Deal To Acquire Kaplan University: Interview with Trace Urdan on
- Why Ed Tech Will Fail to Transform Education (for Now) on
- Some Notes On Lumen Learning’s $3.75 million Funding Round Led By Follett on
- Digital Learning Compass: New WCET webcast on distance education enrollment trends on
- Can There Be a Microscope of the Mind? on
Most Shared Posts405 Shares
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.