This is just a quick post to note the fact of two pretty big announcements coming out of Blackboard. First, the acquisition of the company by Providence Equity has been completed. Second, Providence immediately turned around and executed a merger between Blackboard and Edline, makers of an LMS-like product aimed at the K12 market. I haven’t had time to look into the details of this latest move, but it may suggest that Providence believes the K12 market is ready to experience a growth spurt.
Subscribe via Email
Top Rated Posts
- “I fought the LMS…”: My First 10 Years With Learning Managment Systems | Jared Stein on LMS and Open: The false binary is based on past, not future markets
- allison390 on LMS and Open: The false binary is based on past, not future markets
- Google Classroom: the best reviews and resources for you | Online Coaching Class – Software on Early Review of Google Classroom
- clarksn on What the Apple Watch Tells Us About the Future of Ed Tech
- Pearson's Efficacy Listening Tour -e-Literate on Full Disclosure
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.