This is just a quick post to note the fact of two pretty big announcements coming out of Blackboard. First, the acquisition of the company by Providence Equity has been completed. Second, Providence immediately turned around and executed a merger between Blackboard and Edline, makers of an LMS-like product aimed at the K12 market. I haven’t had time to look into the details of this latest move, but it may suggest that Providence believes the K12 market is ready to experience a growth spurt.
Sign up to get e-Literate posts delivered by email
Sign up for more information on LMS Subscription Service
Top Rated Posts
- The Intended Consequences of California’s Online Education Initiative on
- Ellucian Stops Support for Brainstorm, its CBE platform on
- Recommended Reading: WCET Survey Report and Tony Bates Commentary on
- Vert Capital and Scriba Corp: Institutions losing course data in company’s death throes on
- Explainer Videos on Course Exchanges and the Shared Infrastructure Behind Them on
Most Shared Posts405 Shares
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.