Dr. Steven Zucker is dean of Art and History at Khan Academy. He is a specialist in 20th-century art and theory and co-founder of Smarthistory.org. Smarthistory won the Webby Award for education in 2009, was picked by Time Magazine as one of the 50 best websites of 2011, and won the 2012 award for Open Courseware Excellence given by the Open Courseware Consortium. Steven recently co-produced 90 videos for the Google Art Project. Previously, he was chair of History of Art and Design at Pratt Institute where he strengthened enrollment, revised and diversified department curriculum and lead the creation of curricular processes across the institute. Before that, he was dean of the School of Graduate Studies at the Fashion Institute of Technology, SUNY as well as chair of their art history department. He has taught at The School of Visual Arts, Hunter College, and at The Museum of Modern Art. Dr. Zucker is a recipient of the SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching. Together with Dr. Beth Harris, Steven has presented numerous papers on technology and education at conferences in the United States and Europe and co-wrote “The Image Library as Learning Environment” for CAA News and “The Slide Library: A Posthumous Assessment in the Service of Our Digital Future,”Teaching Art History with Technology: Case Studies. He has published on Abstract Expressionism including his essay “Confrontations with Radical Evil: The Ambiguity of Myth and the Inadequacy of Representation,” in Art History. Steven received his Ph.D. from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Follow Steven on Twitter.
Subscribe via Email
Top Rated Posts
- Michael Feldstein on Blackboard’s Big News that Nobody Noticed
- Clint Brooks on Blackboard’s Big News that Nobody Noticed
- This Summer, Online Collaborating is Hot! « WCET Frontiers on It’s The End of Cal State Online As We Know It . . .
- CCSF Update: Accreditation appeal denied, but waiting for court date |e-Literate on University of California’s $220 million payroll project reboot
- CCSF Update: Accreditation appeal denied, but waiting for court date |e-Literate on It’s The End of Cal State Online As We Know It . . .
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.