Sign up to get e-Literate posts delivered by email
Sign up for more information on LMS Subscription Service
- Blackboard Confronts Erosion of Market Share, Makes a Major Change in Strategy
- How Much Do College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks?
- College Scorecard: With victories like these, who needs failures?
- Changes at D2L: A second-hand view from users conference
- TechCrunch: "EdTech - 2017’s big, untapped and safe investor opportunity"
Top Rated Posts
- College Scorecard: With victories like these, who needs failures? on
- Sakai Is Probably Healthier Than You Think on
- Changes at D2L: A second-hand view from users conference on
- Schoology: The strongest LMS you’ve never seen on
- Reprise: How Much Do Community College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks? on
Most Shared Posts
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.
Tag Archives: Acquisition
By Phil HillMore Posts (424) Yesterday morning Barnes & Noble Education, the owner of 743 college bookstores and related services, announced the acquisition of LMS provider LoudCloud Systems for $17.9 million in cash. LoudCloud provides a traditional LMS for general higher … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (424) One year ago I wrote a post critical of Inside Higher Ed for not doing a blanket disclosure about the sale of a majority stake to a private equity firm with other education holdings (most notably … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (424) Update 1/21: See link and blurb at bottom of post from new Editor’s Note at Inside Higher Ed. Last week the Huffington Post ran an article by David Halperin breaking the news that the private … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (424) In a series of announcements that has the educational technology world buzzing, Blackboard reversed their strategy of their core LMS business. Blackboard acquired two Moodle hosting and service providers – MoodleRooms in the US and … Continue reading