DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.
Subscribe via Email
Top Rated Posts
- Hack Education Weekly News: PISA Scores Confirm that [Fill in the Blank with Education Narrative of Your Choice] | H Tanalepy on About those U Penn MOOC results reported at MRI13
- Peter Shea on Changing the Narrative
- Bonnie Stewart (@bonstewart) on Changing the Narrative
- Nicole Wang on About those U Penn MOOC results reported at MRI13
- Michael Feldstein on Changing the Narrative
Tag Archives: Alfred-Essa
My father likes to say, “If you stick your head in the freezer and your feet in the oven, on average you’ll be comfortable.” Behind this pithy saying is an insight that is a little different from the “three kinds … Continue reading
I had a chance to speak to some folks about their latest product release (9.2) a couple of weeks back and am only now finding time to blog about it. First, there’s what they’re doing with the LMS itself. No … Continue reading
I’ll be on along with Al Essa tomorrow night (Sunday, 9/17) at 8 PM EDT to discuss where we are with the EduPatent problem and what we can do about it.
Al Essa has taken me to task a bit for appearing to favorably compare Microsoft and IBM to Blackboard. He notes that companies can be good corporate citizens on certain patents while predatorily asserting other patents. Let me make a … Continue reading
After promising to wait for Al’s analysis before publishing mine, I mistook his initial post for his final word and jumped the gun. Al’s own blow-by-blow analysis is up now. As you’ll see, we’re in pretty close agreement on it.