Sign up to get e-Literate posts delivered by email
Sign up for more information on LMS Subscription Service
- Blackboard Acquires Large Latin American Moodle Provider
- Lumen and Follett: Canary in the Curricular Materials Coal Mine?
- Some Notes On Lumen Learning's $3.75 million Funding Round Led By Follett
- How Much Do College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks?
- Recommended Reading ... or Not: Updates on UC Berkeley and NBER stories
Top Rated Posts
- Lumen and Follett: Canary in the Curricular Materials Coal Mine? on
- Some Notes On Lumen Learning’s $3.75 million Funding Round Led By Follett on
- Digital Learning Compass: New WCET webcast on distance education enrollment trends on
- Can There Be a Microscope of the Mind? on
- Why Ed Tech Will Fail to Transform Education (for Now) on
Most Shared Posts405 Shares
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.
Tag Archives: Blackboard-Inc.
By Michael FeldsteinMore Posts (1100) You may have heard that Khan Academy has filed for several patents. Audrey Watters has written a really strong piece providing the details of the filings in the context of the history of ed tech … Continue reading
By Michael FeldsteinMore Posts (1100) As Phil noted in his post, Blackboard has hired a new CEO, a guy by the name of Bill Ballhaus. We don’t know much about him yet, other than that he came from outside education. … Continue reading
By Michael FeldsteinMore Posts (1100) LMS vendor Schoology just raised $32 million in Series D venture capital funding, bringing the total that they’ve raised to just over $57 million. If you’ve never heard of them, that’s because they have mostly … Continue reading
By Michael FeldsteinMore Posts (1100) In his recent post on why Moodle matters, Phil wrote, For a large portion of our readers who deal mostly with US higher education, it could be easy to dismiss Moodle as an LMS and … Continue reading
By Michael FeldsteinMore Posts (1100) In my first post-BbWorld blog post, I noted that the international market is hugely important for Blackboard and Moodle is hugely important for their international strategy. Nearly a quarter of the company’s revenue and much … Continue reading