Subscribe via Email
Top Rated Posts
- Michael Feldstein on Blackboard’s Big News that Nobody Noticed
- Clint Brooks on Blackboard’s Big News that Nobody Noticed
- This Summer, Online Collaborating is Hot! « WCET Frontiers on It’s The End of Cal State Online As We Know It . . .
- CCSF Update: Accreditation appeal denied, but waiting for court date |e-Literate on University of California’s $220 million payroll project reboot
- CCSF Update: Accreditation appeal denied, but waiting for court date |e-Literate on It’s The End of Cal State Online As We Know It . . .
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.
Tag Archives: Josh Coates
For the first few years of the Canvas LMS, Instructure’s core message was ‘Canvas is better than Blackboard’. This positioning was thinly veiled in the company’s 2011 spoof of the Apple / 1984 commercial and even hitting the level of gloating in a … Continue reading
You may have seen this week’s announcement from Instructure of their new Canvas Network to support MOOCs and other open courses. Blackboard has already been dipping its toe in this water, having had Curtiss Bonk run a MOOC on CourseSites. I … Continue reading
I have gotten a lot of email from folks who moved to Moodle (often from Blackboard CE) because they wanted to get away from Blackboard and they thought that open source was “safe.” In my first post on the announcements, … Continue reading
Phil Hill has two good blog posts up in response to Blackboard’s announcement that it has received at least two “unsolicited non-binding proposals” for the company to be acquired. In his first post, Phil argues that, whatever the outcome of … Continue reading