Sign up to get e-Literate posts delivered by email
Sign up for more information on LMS Subscription Service
- Two-Year Anniversary of Blackboard Acquisition of Moodlerooms and NetSpot
- How Much Do College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks?
- College Scorecard: With victories like these, who needs failures?
- Changes at D2L: A second-hand view from users conference
- TechCrunch: "EdTech - 2017’s big, untapped and safe investor opportunity"
Top Rated Posts
- College Scorecard: With victories like these, who needs failures? on
- Sakai Is Probably Healthier Than You Think on
- Changes at D2L: A second-hand view from users conference on
- Schoology: The strongest LMS you’ve never seen on
- Reprise: How Much Do Community College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks? on
Most Shared Posts405 Shares
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.
Tag Archives: LTI
By Phil HillMore Posts (424) During yesterday’s K-20 learning platform panel at IMS Global’s Learning Impact Leadership Institute (the panel that replaced the LMS Smackdown of year’s past), Scott Jaschik started the discussion off by asking “what is the LMS?”. As I … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (424) In yesterday’s post I described where I (and many others) see the LMS market heading in terms of interoperability. At the same time, the LMS does a very poor job at providing a lot of … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (424) D’Arcy Norman has an excellent blog post up titled “On the false binary of LMS vs. Open” that captures a false framing issue. We’re pushed into a false binary position – either you’re on the side … Continue reading
By Michael FeldsteinMore Posts (1080) I have long argued that the development of technical interoperability standards for education are absolutely critical for enabling innovation and personalized learning environments. Note that I usually avoid those sorts of buzzwords—“innovation” and “personalized learning”—so … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (424) Two years ago today, Blackboard made a dramatic change of course with a series of public announcements: Blackboard acquired two Moodle hosting and service providers — Moodlerooms in the US and NetSpot in Australia (although they had … Continue reading