Sign up to get e-Literate posts delivered by email
Sign up for more information on LMS Subscription Service
- Summary of Statements by Key Players in Blackboard Announcement, Including Competitors
- How Much Do College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks?
- Marketing Claims From Adaptive Learning Vendors As Barrier To Adoption
- College Scorecard: With victories like these, who needs failures?
- Changes at D2L: A second-hand view from users conference
Top Rated Posts
- College Scorecard: With victories like these, who needs failures? on
- Sakai Is Probably Healthier Than You Think on
- Changes at D2L: A second-hand view from users conference on
- Schoology: The strongest LMS you’ve never seen on
- Reprise: How Much Do Community College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks? on
Most Shared Posts405 Shares
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.
Tag Archives: Netspot
By Michael FeldsteinMore Posts (1080) Phil and I have written about the growing tension between the interests of Moodle HQ and a those of a couple of the bigger Moodle Partners, most notably Blackboard. There are a number of ways … Continue reading
By Michael FeldsteinMore Posts (1080) In my first post-BbWorld blog post, I noted that the international market is hugely important for Blackboard and Moodle is hugely important for their international strategy. Nearly a quarter of the company’s revenue and much … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (425) Two years ago today, Blackboard made a dramatic change of course with a series of public announcements: Blackboard acquired two Moodle hosting and service providers — Moodlerooms in the US and NetSpot in Australia (although they had … Continue reading
By Michael FeldsteinMore Posts (1080) I have gotten a lot of email from folks who moved to Moodle (often from Blackboard CE) because they wanted to get away from Blackboard and they thought that open source was “safe.” In my … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (425) Given all the news and discussion surrounding Blackboard’s strategy change last week, I thought that it would be useful to collect the public statements from Blackboard and their competitors in one place. No analysis, no … Continue reading