Sign up to get e-Literate posts delivered by email
Sign up for more information on LMS Subscription Service
- Online Learning: Where is the Money?
- Purdue University Deal To Acquire Kaplan University: Interview with Trace Urdan
- How Much Do College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks?
- University of California’s Payroll Project Reboot Now At $504 Million
- Webinar Tomorrow: Shifts in Video and LMS Adoption: Impact on Student Outcomes
Top Rated Posts
- Purdue University Deal To Acquire Kaplan University: Interview with Trace Urdan on
- Why Ed Tech Will Fail to Transform Education (for Now) on
- Some Notes On Lumen Learning’s $3.75 million Funding Round Led By Follett on
- Digital Learning Compass: New WCET webcast on distance education enrollment trends on
- Can There Be a Microscope of the Mind? on
Most Shared Posts405 Shares
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.
Tag Archives: open university
By Phil HillMore Posts (472) I’m a little surprised that this hasn’t gotten any press, but Internet-based online education turns 20 this summer. There were previous distance education programs that used networks of one form or another as the medium (e.g. … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (472) There’s an interesting three-minute video produced by the BBC that covers the Open University at 40. It was a ground-breaking idea, and to date over 1.8 million students have obtained degrees. The current educational technology … Continue reading
By More Posts (42) MIT offers their MITx online courses and certificates for a price, Stanford offers some online courses free, and Utah State University professor Wiley provides successful students with letters confirming course completion. But offering online learning has … Continue reading