Sign up to get e-Literate posts delivered by email
Sign up for more information on LMS Subscription Service
- Schoology Layoffs: Focusing on smaller higher ed opportunities
- Lumen and Follett: Canary in the Curricular Materials Coal Mine?
- Some Notes On Lumen Learning's $3.75 million Funding Round Led By Follett
- How Much Do College Students Actually Pay For Textbooks?
- Recommended Reading ... or Not: Updates on UC Berkeley and NBER stories
Top Rated Posts
- Lumen and Follett: Canary in the Curricular Materials Coal Mine? on
- Some Notes On Lumen Learning’s $3.75 million Funding Round Led By Follett on
- Digital Learning Compass: New WCET webcast on distance education enrollment trends on
- Can There Be a Microscope of the Mind? on
- Why Ed Tech Will Fail to Transform Education (for Now) on
Most Shared Posts405 Shares
DisclaimerThe opinions expressed on this site are solely the authors' own and do not represent those of their respective employers unless explicitly noted otherwise.
Category Archives: LMS & Learning Platforms
By Phil HillMore Posts (471) Triggered by the news that we broke here at e-Literate that “Ellucian Stops Support for Brainstorm, its CBE platform”, Carl Straumsheim at Inside Higher Ed has a valuable follow-up article today looking more broadly at the … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (471) After last year’s disastrous outage at UC Davis due to Scriba Corp’s change of data center for the Sakai LMS (branded as SmartSite at UC Davis), it turns out that there is more damage to … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (471) In a surprise move, Ellucian has decided to end support for Brainstorm, the competency-based education (CBE) platform it acquired from Helix Education two years ago. All Brainstorm customers are being notified of the end-of-life and … Continue reading
By Michael FeldsteinMore Posts (1100) There’s an interesting piece in EdSurge about the potential access to education challenge that CUNY will face if Governor Cuomo makes good on his proposal to make college tuition free: According to the CUNY 2016 Student … Continue reading
By Phil HillMore Posts (471) We’ve noticed and had several people ask us about corporate changes at Schoology, the LMS vendor. More specifically, the questions have been based on whether they are laying off staff, and what that means for … Continue reading